Thursday, November 3, 2011

Santa's On His Way

Not yet though. Those who know me, know I have a thing for lists. Last year I had a Greatest Christmas Songs of All Time Countdown. The list was about 35 songs (that list has since doubled, I rounded it out to an even 100 but the list was lost in a tragic computer accident). I have had countdowns of the greatest party songs, sports songs, songs with girls names in them and a countdown of songs til my wedding.

Those who know me, know I have a thing about Christmas. Always have. Christmas is, no exceptions, my favorite holiday of the year. I still have my paperback copy of T'was The Night Before Christmas I got in preschool. The green, gold and black pipe cleaner Christmas wreath ornament from that year is still alive and well. That was 1991. I was 4. This is 2011. I'm 24. More on that later.

So I decided this year to countdown, starting on Black Friday, the 31 Things I Love About Christmas. Some of these things are fairly universal. Some of these things are touching and fairly personal. Some of these things are obscure and ridiculous and only apply to me, our family and our traditions, though I'll bet you can easily substitute in your own twist on some of these items. Some might make you laugh, some might make you teary. Either way, I'll be back soon enough and the countdown will begin.

I haven't written actively in over a year. Why I stopped isn't nearly as important as what made me want to write again. Christmas. Go figure.

"Nobody can ever tell me there's no Santa Claus" - Fred Flintstone

No comments:

Post a Comment